Director of Development
We are looking for Center City Academy’s next Director of Development. Is it you?
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating all of Center City Academy’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, special events, planned giving program, annual fund, and capital campaign. The prime responsibility at this time is to direct a $6 million dollar capital campaign.
The Development Director works closely with the support of the board of directors and fundraising volunteers to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated as well as making significant progress on the capital campaign.
We are seeking a local Wichita-KS or surrounding area based candidate.
General Fundraising Duties
· Make public appearances and presentations on behalf of organization
· Oversee prospect research and prospect profile creation
· Oversee fundraising database
· Oversee creation of collateral materials, social media, and video to support fundraising
· Grants: Identify, research, and cultivate foundation and government funding resources, including matching grants to meet the mission of CCA
· Major Gifts: Develop a major gifts program in 24 months using identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
· Special Events: Oversee special events from start to finish, working with the marketing and events committee. Develop a signature event, together with the marketing and events committee.
· Planned Giving: Build a planned giving program using face-to-face meetings and mini-group trainings.
· Annual Fund: Grow our annual fund program by 20%. Work with the marketing committee to create the piece and launch a social media plan.
· Capital Campaign: Direct the current capital campaign to build a $6 million dollar new child care facility and future campaigns as may be designed.
· Work closely with fundraising consultant when contracted
· Perform other duties as requested
Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of four (4) years of experience in professional fundraising
· Be committed to uphold the mission of Center City Academy
· Understand and implement the four-steps of fundraising: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
· Experienced in major gift asks of $25,000+
· Has consistently raised $500,000 – $1,000,000+
· Possess strong interpersonal skills (ability to connect, communicate, and build relationships)
· Be able to connect with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers
· Be a “self-starter” and get results
· Be driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
· Have personal systems for impeccable follow through on thank you responses and closing gifts
· Must be a member of AFP
· Adhere to the AFP Professional Standards of Ethics
Salary, Benefits, and Perks:
· Competitive salary/bonus structure commensurate with experience or other qualifications.
· Hybrid work opportunity
· Paid time off and other benefits negotiable
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Have you consistently raised $500,000-$1,000,000+?
- at least 4 years of experience in professional fundraising (Required)
- Wichita-KS fundraising (Required)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Membership (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Wichita, KS 67212
All interested candidates, please apply here.